F5 Networks requested assistance from PPM on the overall project and move management from its current space in Seattle’s Elliott Bay neighborhood to a new headquarters location at the F5 Tower (previously known as The Mark) in downtown Seattle. The initiative was a two-phased construction project with 10 separate move phases, and included an Executive Briefing Center, several lab spaces, locker room and fitness center, game room, open office workstations, offices for EVPs and VPs, conference rooms, shipping and receiving mailroom, IT help desk, and marketing studio.
- Size 515,500 SF
- Additional Services Project Management (includes move vendor procurement via RFP), Schedule Coordination, Change Management, Phased Relocation Planning, and Move Management
Dropbox’s entry into the Silicon Valley included the leasing of an entire building adjacent to the Mountain View CalTrain station. With team members needing to be officed immediately, PPM assisted in developing a three-phase approach. Phase 1 started with building a small swing space within the building, with Dropbox’s look and feel, while concurrently onboarding an architectural team for the bulk of the build-out of phases 2 and 3. Phase 2 included a majority of the space, including micro-kitchens and work pods for 12-18 employees. A small catering kitchen and coffee bar were designed into the renovation of the swing space for phase 3. By separating the kitchen and coffee shop into the final permit and phase of work, PPM was able to fast-track the design and construction and move employees into their space approximately three months early, while accommodating them in the building and avoiding additional rent on temporary office space.
- Size 35,000 SF
- Additional Services Full-service cost management
Dorsey & Whitney
PPM was engaged by Dorsey & Whitney LLP, an international law firm with 20 office worldwide, to refresh its existing three floors of office space in the Columbia Tower.
PPM had previously worked in this building and was able to utilize lessons learned from past projects and property management relationships to provide guidance on project constraints and opportunities. PPM’s approach was to bring on a strong and collaborative General Contractor that would integrate quickly with the team to set up and organize the pre-construction efforts in support of the design. This was a critical step needed to move the project forward with efficiency and cost effectiveness while upholding the quality.
- Size 75,000 SF
- Additional Services Project Team Leadership, Management of Dorsey Direct Contracts and Vendors, Quality Control Reviews of Design Documents and Construction Installations, Budget Development and Project Cost Reporting, Design and Construction Team Management, Risk Mitigation Tracking and Planning
Craft Brew Alliance
PPM was engaged by Craft Brew Alliance (CBA), a group of industry leading Pacific Northwest craft brewers focused on preserving and growing one-of-a-kind craft beers and brands. CBA’s priority was to open a new home for its Seattle-based Redhook brand to bolsters business operations, the brand and services to both devoted and new customers. PPM’s services included pre-construction, and project and construction management. The scope included a 10-barrel brewery/restaurant including merchandising in an historic building: Pike Motorworks.
- Size 12,627 SF
- Value $7,746,877
- Additional Services Project Management (included defining scope, budget, vendor procurement and management), Cost Management, Signage (procurement, permit and coordination)
AAA Corporate Offices
AAA called on PPM when challenged with a 100-year anniversary brand refresh coupled with the desire to increase efficiencies and modernize employee workspace to support new recruitment and retention. The firm built a nimble team with the ability to incorporate change and manage unforeseen conditions.
- Additional Services Programming, Team Procurement via RFQ/ RFP, Budget and Schedule Development, Management of AV, LV, IT, Site Access/ Parking Controls, Security, Workplace Furniture, Deferred Building Maintenance/ Capital Improvements, Construction and Phased Relocation Planning and Management
201 California Street
PPM was engaged as owner’s representative and provided construction management for tenant improvement programs across all floors of 201 California Street in San Francisco, CA. The team provided value by managing over 20 separate permits and minimizing risk to the building owner. The scope included capital improvements for HDR, Hamilton Lane, Pacific Eagle, Cooper White Cooper and other tenants. Additional capital improvements and infrastructure scope included new cooling towers, elevator lobbies, entry lobby and restroom upgrades.
- Size 150,000 SF
- Additional Services Multiple Projects Across All Floors, Tenant Improvements, Capital Improvements