Stoel Rives selected PPM because of its confidence in the PPM team to develop and lead the project through multiple significant challenges, which included:
- The organization and alignment of multiple strong user groups who all had their own concepts for the project outcomes around performance and finishes
- A tight budget baseline that needed to be thoroughly vetted, re-built and scope prioritized and scaled to fit within the targeted parameters
- A re-stack of four fully operational floors of attorneys and support staff
- Changes in building codes scheduled between phases
- Simultaneous integration of the landlord’s own work within the same space
- Size 80,000 SF
- Duration 27 months
- Additional Services Programming and Re-stack Planning, Team Procurement via RFQ/RFP, Budget and Schedule Development, and Design and Construction Team Management through to Occupancy.
PPM provided a variety of services at the Starbucks corporate headquarters. The projects ranged in scope and size from executive office remodels to construction of new R&D lab space and managing overall building upgrades.
- Significant value was brought by having a dedicated, embedded team resource who can understood the needs of facilities, improved communication timelines and delivered a high level of customer service.
- PPM’s cultural fit and repeated project success earned a high level of trust from Starbucks.
- Size 1,500,000 SF
- Projects 100+
- Value $60,000,000
- Additional Services Project Consulting, Design Oversight, Project Management, Systems, Furniture and Equipment Planning, Move Management, Project Process Development and Improvement
Construction of this OSHPD facility involved demolition of an existing space for construction of 17 new patient rooms within an occupied facility. The challenge was to complete the project in multiple phases while minimizing the impact to general patient and critical operations. Due to unforeseen conditions which threatened the project schedule, action was required to mitigate potential delays. This included re-sequencing the scheduled phasing, working closely with the Inspector of Record, and close coordination with local and state officials for change document approvals. The result was minimal impact to operations and project delivery within schedule and budget.
- Size 10,000 SF
- Additional Services Management of Construction, Scope Schedule and Budget of all Trades
PPM has represented Microsoft since 2013, and many of the firm’s team worked on Microsoft projects prior to joining PPM. The projects ranged in size from tenant improvements for a full 250,000 – 300,000-SF building to partial building upgrades or technical space tenant improvements. For each project, the PPM team members delivered value through creative thinking and expertise in the management of costs, phased scheduling, user-group engagement, and quality outcomes. Examples of projects include:
- Duration 2013 – Present
Indeed engaged PPM to provide full-service project management for two projects in the Bay Area: a sales team office relocation in Foster City and an expansion engineering office in Sunnyvale. Because Indeed’s real estate team was based in New York, the company knew it had to bring in a team with local knowledge and resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- Size Sunnyvale 38,500 SF
- Size Foster City: 39,000 SF
- Duration 18-month engagement for both
- Additional Services Team Procurement, Budget and Schedule Development, Management of IT, AV, LV, Security Management, and Design and Construction Team Management
Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center
PPM engaged early in the process with each Fred Hutch department to review their immediate, two-year, and five-year growth plans. PPM led the change management process including the review and approval of design, timelines, and move management with each department.
- Size 134,000 SF
- Additional Services Programming and Re-stack Planning, Team Procurement, Budget and Schedule Development, Design and Construction Team Management, and Move Management through to Occupancy