Construction of this OSHPD facility involved demolition of an existing space for construction of 17 new patient rooms within an occupied facility. The challenge was to complete the project in multiple phases while minimizing the impact to general patient and critical operations. Due to unforeseen conditions which threatened the project schedule, action was required to mitigate potential delays. This included re-sequencing the scheduled phasing, working closely with the Inspector of Record, and close coordination with local and state officials for change document approvals. The result was minimal impact to operations and project delivery within schedule and budget.
- Size 10,000 SF
- Additional Services Management of Construction, Scope Schedule and Budget of all Trades
PPM has represented Microsoft since 2013, and many of the firm’s team worked on Microsoft projects prior to joining PPM. The projects ranged in size from tenant improvements for a full 250,000 – 300,000-SF building to partial building upgrades or technical space tenant improvements. For each project, the PPM team members delivered value through creative thinking and expertise in the management of costs, phased scheduling, user-group engagement, and quality outcomes. Examples of projects include:
- Duration 2013 – Present
Indeed engaged PPM to provide full-service project management for two projects in the Bay Area: a sales team office relocation in Foster City and an expansion engineering office in Sunnyvale. Because Indeed’s real estate team was based in New York, the company knew it had to bring in a team with local knowledge and resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- Size Sunnyvale 38,500 SF
- Size Foster City: 39,000 SF
- Duration 18-month engagement for both
- Additional Services Team Procurement, Budget and Schedule Development, Management of IT, AV, LV, Security Management, and Design and Construction Team Management
Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center
PPM engaged early in the process with each Fred Hutch department to review their immediate, two-year, and five-year growth plans. PPM led the change management process including the review and approval of design, timelines, and move management with each department.
- Size 134,000 SF
- Additional Services Programming and Re-stack Planning, Team Procurement, Budget and Schedule Development, Design and Construction Team Management, and Move Management through to Occupancy
F5 Networks requested assistance from PPM on the overall project and move management from its current space in Seattle’s Elliott Bay neighborhood to a new headquarters location at the F5 Tower (previously known as The Mark) in downtown Seattle. The initiative was a two-phased construction project with 10 separate move phases, and included an Executive Briefing Center, several lab spaces, locker room and fitness center, game room, open office workstations, offices for EVPs and VPs, conference rooms, shipping and receiving mailroom, IT help desk, and marketing studio.
- Size 515,500 SF
- Additional Services Project Management (includes move vendor procurement via RFP), Schedule Coordination, Change Management, Phased Relocation Planning, and Move Management
Dropbox’s entry into the Silicon Valley included the leasing of an entire building adjacent to the Mountain View CalTrain station. With team members needing to be officed immediately, PPM assisted in developing a three-phase approach. Phase 1 started with building a small swing space within the building, with Dropbox’s look and feel, while concurrently onboarding an architectural team for the bulk of the build-out of phases 2 and 3. Phase 2 included a majority of the space, including micro-kitchens and work pods for 12-18 employees. A small catering kitchen and coffee bar were designed into the renovation of the swing space for phase 3. By separating the kitchen and coffee shop into the final permit and phase of work, PPM was able to fast-track the design and construction and move employees into their space approximately three months early, while accommodating them in the building and avoiding additional rent on temporary office space.
- Size 35,000 SF
- Additional Services Full-service cost management
Dorsey & Whitney
PPM was engaged by Dorsey & Whitney LLP, an international law firm with 20 office worldwide, to refresh its existing three floors of office space in the Columbia Tower.
PPM had previously worked in this building and was able to utilize lessons learned from past projects and property management relationships to provide guidance on project constraints and opportunities. PPM’s approach was to bring on a strong and collaborative General Contractor that would integrate quickly with the team to set up and organize the pre-construction efforts in support of the design. This was a critical step needed to move the project forward with efficiency and cost effectiveness while upholding the quality.
- Size 75,000 SF
- Additional Services Project Team Leadership, Management of Dorsey Direct Contracts and Vendors, Quality Control Reviews of Design Documents and Construction Installations, Budget Development and Project Cost Reporting, Design and Construction Team Management, Risk Mitigation Tracking and Planning
Craft Brew Alliance
PPM was engaged by Craft Brew Alliance (CBA), a group of industry leading Pacific Northwest craft brewers focused on preserving and growing one-of-a-kind craft beers and brands. CBA’s priority was to open a new home for its Seattle-based Redhook brand to bolsters business operations, the brand and services to both devoted and new customers. PPM’s services included pre-construction, and project and construction management. The scope included a 10-barrel brewery/restaurant including merchandising in an historic building: Pike Motorworks.
- Size 12,627 SF
- Value $7,746,877
- Additional Services Project Management (included defining scope, budget, vendor procurement and management), Cost Management, Signage (procurement, permit and coordination)