Senior Project Manager (SPM) – Moves & Launch
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Seattle Based Account
Pacific Project Management is a service & client centered project management company. We manage real estate projects from conception to completion serving as the client’s representative, helping manage their design and construction initiatives in a variety of market sectors.
Our core values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership. We believe in team and a collaborative environment. Each position we hire for will be part of this growing company and have a direct impact on the future of our success. We hire Great People for Great Clients.
The SPM position manages and leads the coordination of activities of multiple project teams and vendor partners to provide complete support to the client for Moves & Launch projects. This position supervises a team of PMs, Assistant PMs, and Project Coordinators. The successful candidate has an ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail in order to insure client satisfaction. Must be able to deal with ambiguity and conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals. It is important to be a seller doer, meaning this role includes business development and a focus on expanding the current and future client opportunities.
- Client interface including reporting on project scope, schedule, budget, risks and quality.
- Lead team that is managing projects simultaneously both locally and though out the Americas from inception to close out.
- Supervise a team of 10 -20 which includes PMs, Assistant PMs and Project Coordinators.
- For direct reports, provide goal setting oversight and follow-up.
- Collaborate with Director on team member professional development. This includes, but is not limited to, mentoring team members on project delivery.
- Manages all facets of project management including, but not limited to design and test fit drawings, building and site requirements, budget, cost reporting, schedule, procurement, quality & risk, and vendor performance for projects.
- Responsible for developing and managing scope, schedule and budget for overall project portfolio.
- Develop RFPs, solicit project teams, and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members and vendor partners who meet the deliverables of the project.
- Collaborate with PM leads to ensure that onsite field audits before, during and after completion of project.
- Develops and maintains complete knowledge of vendor service and material capabilities.
- Have a clear understanding of vendor partner processes and deliverables.
- Facilitates project meetings and insures that all meetings are accurately documented and distributed.
- Track and manage project issues and resolutions.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand project documents including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, drawings, client work requests, vendor proposals, electrical, and data management documents and building infrastructure documents.
- Communicates directly with client to define project goals and provide reports on project status and variances.
- Provides measurable and timely response to client and team inquiries and concerns.
- Utilize PPM and / or client project tools and templates to maintain accurate project documentation files.
- Manages and reports on all project metrics for projects under SPM’s lead.
- Track and manage value logs monthly for qualitative and quantitative value adds to the client projects, client operations, and team.
- Provide updated to internal reporting to manager.
- Assist the company in growing accounts horizontally and vertically by outstanding project delivery, client service, process improvements, and support.
- Be a leader in identifying and developing existing and new client opportunities, client engagements, proposal writing, interviews, and follow-up.
- Actively participate on a committee of at least one local industry organization.
- Flexibility to travel as needed for individual projects within region.
- Is timely and leads by example.
- Participates in and encourages others to participate in company, client and industry events
- Models professionalism and core company values
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business
- 10-20 years of general contracting, architectural design, or real estate project management experience specifically in managing TI or development projects
- LEED Green Associate or AP certification preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio
- Comfortability and ability to manage cloud based and online management software
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- Occasionally required to ascends/descends a ladder to review work at job sites and access roofs
- The person in this role needs to be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions