Classification: Salaried, Exempt
San Jose/Sunnyvale, CA Based Account Work
We are looking for a Project Manager to be part of a growing west coast based company and have a direct impact on its future.
The PM position manages and leads the coordination of activities of an internal team and vendor partners to provide complete support to the client for all project requests. A successful candidate has an ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail in order to insure client satisfaction. Must be able to deal with conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals.
This position will be fully dedicated to one of our existing clients, a worldwide on-line retailer, who has a strong R&D presence in Sunnyvale, California with the corporate headquarters located in Seattle, WA. The project delivery is for Sunnyvale location, but utilizes the tools and processes that are developed and maintained at the corporate location in Seattle. This role reports to Pacific Project Management Leadership in Seattle. At the onset of employment, training may occur in Seattle as well as Sunnyvale. There is limited travel between both locations, but may be required once a quarter.
- Demonstrates ability to lead designers and vendors for delivery of MAC (Moves, Adds, Changes) including special projects, and systems and ancillary furniture projects.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from inception to close out.
- Responsible for developing and managing scope, schedule and budget for each project.
- Manages all facets of project management including design and test fit drawings, building and site requirements, schedule, procurement, quality & risk, and vendor performance.
- Provides measurable and timely response to client inquiries, work requests, and concerns.
- Communicates directly with client to define project goals and provide reports on project status and variances.
- Identifies project resources from pre-qualified lists and conducts request for proposals; completes bid analysis for approval.
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members and vendor partners who meet the deliverables of the project.
- Demonstrates capability to read and understand project documents including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, construction and furniture drawings, client work requests, vendor proposals, mechanical, electrical, and data management documents and building infrastructure documents.
- Conduct onsite field audits before, during and after completion of project.
- Develops and maintains complete knowledge of vendor service and material capabilities. Complete understanding of vendor processes and deliverables.
- Oversee the project administrative processes and maintain accurate project documentation files in a timely manner.
- Facilitates project meetings and insures that all meetings are accurately documented and distributed.
- Track and manage project issues and resolutions.
- Required to manage own projects while supervising direct reports.
- Will assist the company in growing accounts horizontally and vertically by outstanding project delivery, client service, process improvements and support.
- Actively participate in real estate industry organizations within the local community.
- Actively support the internal team that focuses on business development.
- Models professionalism and core company values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch)
- Minimum of ten years of related experience
- LEED Green Associate or AP certification preferred.
- PMP certification preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio
- Roles requires daily communication with client and team members. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to inspect design plans and documents for accuracy.
- The person in this role needs to be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to move within and between client buildings more than 50% of the day.
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- Occasionally required to ascend/descend a ladder to review work at job sites and access roofs.
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org