Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance
PPM is looking to add an Cost Estimator to our team to provide detailed estimates based on project documents of current or proposed projects. Cost Estimator is also responsible for collaborating with Director of Finance to develop and maintain a platform for tracking key historical cost data and communicating those costs and trends out to the greater team. The ideal candidate has a keen attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
- Reports to Director of Finance
- Mastery of quantity take off (QTO) based on project documents
- Ability to conceptually estimate complex ground up or interior build out projects including site, construction, equipment, and all soft costs.
- Bring and develop contractor, subcontractor, vendor, designer and consultant relationships to draw out the latest and relative costing metrics
- Develop and maintain a robust historical cost data base which can be used to help forecast concept budgeting for projects within the PPM market sector focuses
- Develop a simple concept estimating platform that can be used by the PPM Project Management teams.
- Provide peer reviews of contractor and vendor cost estimates and change orders
- Maintain unit cost metrics for assembly types
- Maintain understanding and metrics on labor and material cost trends.
- Provide regular reporting on metrics and trends
- Work with Business Analyst to establish and maintain consistent metrics
- Will be leveraged to support projects or lead estimating / cost audit initiatives for client projects
- Minimum 10 years of estimating / construction experience
- 4 year degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Accounting
- Understanding of the Commercial Real Estate industry sector
- Prefer experience developing complete project estimate
- Ability to travel to client sites throughout Western Washington as required
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- Occasionally required to ascends/descends a ladder to review work at job sites and access roofs.
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions