Job Title: Construction Manager – SME
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Reports To: Director
Pacific Project Management is a service & client-centered project management company. We manage commercial real estate projects from conception to completion serving as the client’s representative, helping manage their design and construction initiatives in a variety of market sectors. As a company we look to be progressive, creative, and always trying to add value to our clients and teams through the balance of human touch and technology.
Our core values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership. We believe in team and a collaborative environment. Each position we hire for will be part of this growing company and have a direct impact on the future of our success. We hire Great People for Great Clients.
The Construction Manager SME is a new position within the company created to help provide guidance and expertise to team members as they pertain to construction projects. This position will work with leadership to develop and implement project playbooks, training courses, and knowledge libraries. The ideal candidate is engaged in commercial real estate construction industry and is able to help the company stay up to date on market trends that affect construction costs and timelines.
This person must be actively engaged within our team culture, present leadership abilities, be self-motivated, communicate proactively and transparently, be results oriented, and create and retain relationships
- Training Lead on Construction Means & Methods, Budgeting, Scheduling, Quality and Risk\Oversee the company training initiative as sponsor of the company Training Committee.
- Responsible for managing content and communication of PPM Training Manual.
- Oversee Historical Cost Trend Data Collection and Management
- Will be leveraged to support projects or lead estimating / cost audit initiatives for client projects
- Limited management of projects on as needed basis
- Collaborate with Business Unit leads to review and communicate feedback on Vendor Contract Reviews.
- Support business units in pursuit of new clients as needed.
- Participate in local Industry Group as committee member
- Vendor Partner Evaluation Management
- Client & Vendor Feedback Solicitation
- Oversee Process Improvement Team initiatives and outcomes
- Team & Individual Mentoring
- Weekly One on One Reporting to Manager
- Monthly Reporting Update to Leadership
- Bi-Yearly Company Meeting Presentations on Updates
- Training & Mentoring Budget Oversight
- Company Metrics & Industry Trend Management Specific to Project Delivery
- Models professionalism and core company values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Accounting
- Minimum of 10years of senior level construction experience
- Solid understanding of the Commercial Real Estate industry sector
- Strong experience in leading and coaching teams
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Visio
- Ability to work with MS Project
- Time will be split roughly 60/40 between Account and Variable teams.
- Must be able to travel to all PPM offices, and client sites.
- Must be able to move within and between client buildings more than 50% of the day.
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- Occasionally required to ascends/descends a ladder to review work at job sites and access ro
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions